Saturday, April 25, 2020

Heat

I am grateful for the humid, all-enveloping, and at times stifling heat. Relatively speaking, the weather really hasn't been that bad. In fact, it has been downright pleasant a lot of the time. However, there's a time of day when the heat is inescapable and it starts invading your consciousness and making it difficult to think straight (a pinch of hyperbole, I admit).

But in these moments, stepping outside in the backyard, sitting in one of the lounge chairs in the shade and letting the breeze hit you is nothing short of a miracle. My humanity is instantly returned and I become ever so grateful for existing in this space and at this time. The little things matter and without the heat to make me uncomfortable, I may have let that little breeze go unnoticed.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment