Saturday, September 19, 2009

Days Off

I am thankful for days off; for time to get my head together; for time to let my mind explore, free from limitations and obligations. The work I do is important, but it's also important to retain a sense of self. It's important to indulge and allow yourself to be who you are. This is the most perfect form you could be. While we do have obligations and it is important to take care of them, it is equally important to find your form; find who you are. To cultivate it. To embrace it. Without days off, my mind would harden to stone and my heart would run dry. These times of explorations make me plastic and more open and able to accept everything around me. I am able to develop as a person, mentally, physically and spiritually, when given this time. It is my air; my water; my shelter. So thank you, those who allow me to have days of rest. I know some people do not have such a luxury. I am lucky. I am lucky to be able to sit around and write a song for four hours and not have to worry about making enough money to support my family. I am lucky to have the time to sit around and watch t.v. and not have to work. I am lucky to not have to work. To all these things and more I am grateful. Most of all, I am grateful for the time to be grateful. So thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment