Friday, January 8, 2016

All the Little Luxuries

I am grateful for all the little luxuries I am afforded in my life. I get to come home to a nice, cozy house instead of sleeping on the streets and wondering how I'm going to stay warm.

 I get to stroll into a grocery store every week (or a couple times a week) to buy the food I want instead of wondering if I'll eat at all.

I get to hop online and buy a new computer when my old one starts going downhill instead of letting it die, not having a computer to use, and not being able to translate (or write these entries).

I have a car I can drive to work that keeps me sheltered from the elements and quickly gets me to where I need to go instead of having to bike in the sun and rain over long distances of dangerous roads.

I have the luxury of sitting here and reflecting on the things I am grateful for instead of being preoccupied with the struggle to survive and simply fighting to exist.

For these things and a million more that escape my notice, I am grateful. I should never have anything to complain about.

No comments:

Post a Comment