Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Different Points of View

I am grateful for being exposed to different points of view. Sure, sometimes they're difficult to hear and sometimes I can't believe what I'm hearing, but it's important to "reset" from my own personal assumptions about the world. At the very least, outlandish ideas cause me to go back and reassess what I believe just to be sure I've chosen a reasonable perspective. In all possibility, they may take me back to square one where I start digging through available explanations and sorting through the possible truths.

Either way, there are no negatives to actively listening to another perspective. I get to learn about a fellow human's philosophy and point of view, all while simultaneously working or reworking through my own. Listening is a gateway into humanity's experience and seeking to genuinely understand someone else, even when you outright disagree, is a virtue.

No comments:

Post a Comment