Sunday, April 10, 2016

Wildlife


(photo as it appears on: http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/animals/birds/blue-jay/)

I am grateful for the fleeting image of a couple birds as I worked on my computer on the porch this late afternoon. At first, a female woodpecker flew into a small tree immediately in front of me along with what I thought was her male counterpart. However, once the female flew off and the male hopped down to the ground, I realized it was a blue jay (they both have a similar angular silhouette). Then another bird flew down, which I thought was the male woodpecker chasing off the blue jay, but it ended up being another blue jay. Oh, well. We have a resident woodpecker that lives here and it's always super cool to see (though its chirp isn't exactly tranquil and relaxing—it sounds more like one of those yapping toy dogs).

Anyways, I am grateful for the chance to observe some beautiful birds, one of the many offerings nature has all around us should we only look up every once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment