Sunday, August 23, 2009

Curiosity

For curiosity. I am thankful for the ability to ask questions; to wonder. This is why I am able to fantasize and swim in my thoughts. This is why I am able to create movies in my mind; why I am able to inhabit a million different characters and gain the perspectives of a million more. I am able to see sounds and taste colors because I am able to ask "what if?". I can fly because I ask "why not?". I can step into another person's shoes to see what they see. To see what they see enables you to crawl deeper into your connection with the world. Curiosity is why anyone teaches and why anyone learns. Curiosity drives adventures and new experiences. Curiosity is what opens your mind and body to the world. We are not robots, but organic beings with a drive to question "what if?". We are driven to experiment. What sort of film will I create as I dream tonight? What sort of characters will I inhabit? What new perspectives will I be opened up to? Who knows. Perhaps I will not dream at all. But I am thankful to ask these questions. I am thankful that our minds are sponges and all they want to do is observe and see what happens and what they can make of it. So goodnight. Thank you for my sense of wonderment and may I never cease to be amazed.

No comments:

Post a Comment