Wednesday, February 17, 2016

iPod

Today, I am grateful for my trusty iPod. It's been with me since I picked it up from the local Lotte Mart in Gunsan, South Korea about four years ago.

(photo as it appears on http://aplan-group.com/portfolio_page/lotte-mart-gunsan-branch/)

Sure, its iOS may be outdated and I may not be able to download the latest apps, but I can listen to music to my heart's content (which I'm doing now), get updates on the news, check and write email, study my handy vocab flashcards, explore the universe, solve puzzles, practice diagnosing cardiac arrhythmias, and much, much more. This thing is amazing. And it fits right in my pocket.

It has been through a lot with me. It got me across the ocean a couple times, helping me muffle out the roar of the plane engines for hours on end. It helped me own GRE vocab and nail the test. Its collection of music has kept me motivated through countless hours of studying, homework, and writing in grad school. It has kept my energy up on the treadmill and at my desk while I translate.

Yep, this little device is a lifesaver. Though its age is starting to become apparent, I know we have a few more years together. (And seriously, four years is far too few to be nearing obsolescence. Come on, computer world.) Anyways, thank you, iPod, for rocking with me as long as you have. May I continue to learn from you and take advantage of all you have to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment