Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Wind

I am grateful for the wind. It's probably my favorite "element" (Captain Planet style) and it's really quite a beautiful thing. The sound it makes as it travels over the land, the trees as they sway to and fro, the feeling of it as it flows through my fingertips. I remember my friend and I as kids would climb trees on windy days and just stand on the branches as the whole thing moved back and forth. Feeling the wind against my hand as I drove was also a favorite past time. It makes hot days bearable.  It generates electricity. It fills sails. It allows plants to travel as their seeds are dispersed. And it makes me feel nice and cozy in my house as I hear it roaring outside.

It's pretty windy today and I like it. So thank you, wind. Stick around for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment