Sunday, February 21, 2016

New House

Not my new house, but I am grateful for the new house our friends are moving into. Yesterday, we helped them move a bunch of stuff over and it is a nice place: beautiful home, big enclosed backyard, and a nice, quiet neighborhood. It will be perfect for their little boy, who doesn't have much space to go wild where they are right now. Here, however, he'll be able to go crazy in the yard and bike up and down his street. Also, mom and dad can feel better that they're no longer living near a marsh and, thus, no longer near a bunch of dangerous snakes. So thank you, new house, for opening a new chapter for our good friends and providing them a wonderful environment to continue their lives.

And on another note, I just realized that this post (and a few previous ones) expresses gratitude on behalf of someone else. Although my posts tend to focus on aspects of my life in particular, I suddenly feel like I've discovered a new world of looking beyond my own and being able to feel genuine gratitude and joy in the lives of others. And my eyes open just a little wider.

No comments:

Post a Comment