Monday, February 29, 2016

Surprise

This morning, I am grateful for life's ability to surprise me. No matter how long it has been since I've fallen into a routine, there's always something that can stir it up and reinvigorate my approach to daily life. On one hand, habits and routines are good and even essential. By definition, however, I sort of go into autopilot and cease being fully cognizant of my surroundings and actions. Even tiny tweaks to these routines or simply my mentality towards them can change my outlook for the day. Or, as I originally started saying, life can just throw a few changes my way that lead to little awakenings.

So thank you, life, for these surprises you give us on a daily basis. Being more aware and open to them makes life more exciting and interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment